Friday, May 2, 2014

Lately...

 We have been super busy lately just living life, honestly! Everyday can seem like I have a ton on my plate, but we might not even leave the house. Life with a 2 year old and a (nearly) 2 month old is hectic, crazy, loud, but oh so much fun and truly rewarding.

First up...Jonah had his 2 year pics done and we finally got them back. I was BEYOND thrilled with how they turned out. They truly capture his little attitude and personality. Posed pictures are cute, but sometimes the cutest pictures come from him "playing" and acting like himself.

He did this pose totally on his own!

This one is called "eating a goldfish because Mommy is not above bribery"



Showing us his biggest smile! He's such a ham!



This is my favorite, by far! He was playing "pee-pie" behind the tree!


Now on to my sweet Brubby-kins! I will be doing a 2 month update soon, so this is really just a hodge-podge of cuteness... 
STRETCH!

He eats dinner with us when he is awake :)

They can make the same face and it kills me!

He makes some cute little faces!

Tried to bathe him in the sink one night...Mr. Chunk is a little too big!

The first night sleeping in his bed came around 7wks old and it actually went great! I watched the monitor for about an hour before I could go to sleep, but we all slept better that night. Not that I don't love being closer to my baby, but it's nice to not feel like I can't roll over without waking him up. He slept better, too, so I feel good about moving him up to his big boy bed. 


We took Jonah on a special fun day! Derek took off and we went to the Zoo and Davenport's. Jonah was so excited about going to see the "amals"! It was nice for all of us to just devote all attention to J for some time. I feel like he gets bored sometimes and needs more attention than I'm able to give him. I loved spending special time with my Squish!



Hi sheep!
 







Fisher loves to listen to Daddy's work stories...go figure!

Tummy time! And watching Sheriff Callie ;)




The only picture from the Magnolia Festival. It was insanely hot and J was not a very happy camper. He did drive a boat, though!
And a tractor...



Baby boys leaving church! J did much better than on Easter Sunday. He's holding a cracker. I'm pretty sure he ate crackers the whole time ;)

He even sleeps like a big boy now! Handsome cutie!


We had severe weather coming with a chance of tornadoes, so Daddy picked J up a helmet! 

We ended up having the remnants of a tornado pass right through our neighborhood. Thankfully, the tornado itself was gone, but the winds were still super strong. We were in the basement and heard something that ended up being a tree falling in the front yard. We ended up losing a tree in the front and the back as well as quite a few shingles off the roof. Thankfully, no serious damage to us or our house. It was really scary, especially having 2 kids going through it, too. We got the trees cleaned up by lunchtime the next day thanks to some help from Dad and Tim, as well as a sweet neighbor with a chainsaw who came right over. 



 J is SO into lining things up. Doesn't matter what it is, he will line it up!


We took our first solo trip to the grocery store! It went fine, but was the quickest grocery trip of my life! Plus, there is just nowhere to put groceries, so we got the bare essentials!

 I am insanely in love with these angels!!!

  These pictures were just taken this morning. Fisher was playing and Jonah wanted to hold him, but I said he was playing. J then laid down next to Fisher and decided to play for a bit. It was so super cute!

Heaven's angels :)


1 comment:

  1. I agree!, they are just angels and Nonny and Poppy love them SO MUCH!! Can't wait until they are big enough to come and really be able to spend some time with us. Last weekend Jonah loved being outside with Poppy blowing leaves and following him to the garage. They will be such good buddies one day :)
    I love Jonah's big beautiful brown eyes and blonde curly hair, and Fisher's beautiful blue eyes! They may not look a thing alike but are each just dolls! Of course all grandparents think their grandbabies are beautiful, but mine really are ;)

    ReplyDelete