Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Here we go...round two!!!

We're having another baby!!! I am beyond excited to bring another miracle into our family. Jonah has brought us so much happiness and really given us the meaning of love and life. We cannot wait to give Jonah B a little brother or sister. We always said that we wanted our kids to be close in age. 2 years was what we were hoping for. Well, we got it! They will actually be a little less than 2 years apart. Things happened a little quicker this time  :)

I was extremely anxious this time around. I just wanted to get to that first appointment and hear my baby's heart beating away. The appointment went great! Everything was just as it should be. When I heard that heartbeat, I just cried. It's so special. Even the second time around. I don't care if it's the tenth time around, there is nothing like it. Such a small little human (about 2cm long actually) and that heart is beating life into him/her. It's so incredible. She said the heart rate was 173. Jonah's was 176 at his first appointment. I measured 8wks 6days and am due March 5th! I've had some nausea issues already. I've just had to keep eating small snacks throughout the day to keep a handle on it. So far, so good! Of course exhaustion (not just fatigue) has been hitting really hard. It's so much harder this time with a toddler running around! Although, it might keep my mind off of things and pass time quicker. It will be tough for a while, but worth it in the end.

I just know Jonah will love his little brother or sister. We taught him to say "baby" at the doctor's office. He was pointing at the baby pictures and saying "bebe". So sweet! We bought him a big brother book. That's how we revealed the news to mom and dad. Jonah just took his Nonny the book to read. She picked him up and read the title out loud..."So you're going to be a big brother"...wait, what??? It was so funny. It took her a second to catch on!
We are so looking forward to being a family of four. I just pray that things go well during my pregnancy and we have a healthy little baby at the end. I honestly have a strong feeling that we will have a girl. Not sure why, but it's there. We will just have to wait and see! Nonny has decided to call this baby Juju while we're waiting. Jonah was jellybean before he was born. She says this baby is jellybean jr. Well, little baby...we all love you so much already and cannot wait to know more about you, meet you, hold you, and kiss all over you! In the mean time...Jonah will be studying up...lots for a big brother to learn!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, we are so excited and I cannot stand the 8 week wait to find out if JuJu is a boy or girl so I can start shopping! In my heart of hearts I can be honest and say I really don't care. I would love for Jonah to have a little buddie to grow up with and be good friends, but a girl would be fun to shop for and she and Kinley would be like sisters. There is no wrong answer here as far as I'm concerned. I am already praying (and prayed over the ultrasound picture on my phone) for a healthy baby and for a good pregnancy and delivery for mom. And even more specifically, hopefully no NICU stay this time so mom and dad can experience a "normal" hospital stay. JuJu, I will say that you have a LOT to live up to. Because your big brother is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.- I love you already!

    ReplyDelete