Sunday, July 1, 2012

Squishy and the Fishies!!!

I have recently started to get some major cabin fever. Yes, I have gone back to work and get out of the house everyday, but I needed to get away. We have not been on vacation since last October, and we weren't planning on taking another vacation until this October. This thought just didn't sit well with me! We decided to take our first overnight trip with Jonah B to Chattanooga, TN! Derek took of Friday and I was already off, so the timing was perfect. We left Friday morning and got there around lunchtime. We were a little worried about how Jonah would do on the car ride. Let me tell you how fabulous he was! He slept the whole way there and didn't make a peep! We checked into the hotel, fed him, ate lunch, then headed off to the aquarium!!!
Right after we arrived at the hotel. Such a sweet boy!



Jonah slept through the fresh water fishies. They weren't too exciting to us either!

Mommy with sleepy squishy!

Ok, so he couldv'e used his sunglasses, but I must add that it was about 104 degrees and
we took this super quick in order to rush back into the air conditioning.


This is Jonah B watching the rays

Daddy said this is how he really felt about this trip. Whatever, I think Jonah loved it :)

Squishy watching the fishies!!!

LOVING the big fish. We saw sharks, rays, a HUGE sea turtle, and lots of other fishies.

See the giant sea turtle???

This boy had so much fun!!!



Upside-down jellies. Really neat!


Jonah B and Daddy!

I got a souvenir penguin!!!

We had a wardrobe change, and I had to take a pic of the hat that was too big
and the shoes that were too small! Bless this baby, he is my dressup doll!

Later that day, we went to Lookout Mountain to see the pretty views. This picture says it all.
I love my baby boy with all of my heart. Words can never express what he means to me.
I honestly never thought that I could feel so strongly about someone, especially someone that I
have only known for 2 1/2 months. He is my whole world!!!

My favorite boys!

Next up was Point Park. It was a very nice little park down the street from Lookout Mtn.
It had the best views. Although, I would not want to take a small child that could run around,
because there were no rails! Kinda scary, but again, very beautiful views!

Doing the Lion King!
(Please don't call DHR on me. I was not as close to the edge as it looks and it was very quick)

Mommy and her Angel!!! We had such a fun time on our mini vacation. Jonah did so
very good! We've already been talking about where we want to go next. Traveling is so much
fun when you've got an easy going baby! Thanks Jonah B!!!!
Going to church! We love our little Squishy!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Nonny is so glad he had a good time in Chattanooga and was a good boy. He is so alert and notices so many things already. He's going to be very smart, I can tell about these things. Loves him SO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete