Saturday, July 14, 2012

God Bless the USA!

Well, Jonah had his first major holiday...July 4th!!! It was on a Wednesday, so not much excitement went on. That day, we went over to Chris and Ashley's to have a pool party...kiddie pool that is! We had a small pool for Jonah and Keeks, and Dylan had a bigger pool to play in. It was Jonah's first time in a pool, so I wasn't sure how he was going to act, but he did pretty good! He was a little fussy at first, but that was my fault because I put him in too close to eating time. After he got a bottle, he got back in and actually enjoyed it! The best part was sitting him in the float inside the pool and just watching him chill, and let me say he was straight chillin :) We grilled some burgers and all just hung out together. I will say, it is still so strange to me that we are now dealing with 3 kids when just a few months ago we only had 1 in the group. A lot has changed in a short amount of time!!! On the way home, we stopped by to say hello to Derek's dad and put a flower arrangement at his grave. Sometimes I wonder how different things would be if he was still around, and I'm sure Derek wonders that too. I know he would have LOVED all of his grandkids so much. I just wish I could have seen him holding Jonah B. Well, we will certainly tell JB about his Grandpa when he gets a little older. Later that night, we watched Thunder on the Mountain from our quiet, cozy, air conditioned living room! I wanted to take Jonah, but it didn't start until 9:00 and that's past his "bedtime". Plus all the noise might have just freaked him out a bit. Next year, we will have to make the journey out to the mountain!

Ready for his pool day!!!

These boys are up to no good!!!

Mommy's angel eyes :)

Sweet babies!

Our awesome pool day setup

Pool boy :)

WAZZZZUUUUUPPPP!!!!!

Totally chill

Angel babies!

We stopped by to talk to Derek's dad for a few minutes. We SO wish he could
be here to see Jonah. We know he is watching over us, though. We will
always tell Jonah about his Grandpa and how great he was :)

Nonny loves Jonah!!!

Too cute for words...

No comments:

Post a Comment