Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's Official!

We had our first doctor's appointment today, and it could not have gone any better. I was so nervous, but Dr. Benton was so sweet and made me feel really comfortable. We started out by sitting with her in her office and just talking about a few things, then came the exam, ultrasound, blood work, etc... When it came time for the ultrasound, we were really excited. Finally being able to see baby on that monitor just took my breath away. They turned on the sound and we got to hear the heartbeat! It was by far the most amazing thing I have ever heard in my life. I immediately started crying. I could see the tiny little heartbeat in the middle of the baby blob on the screen. It was such a special moment for me and Derek. The US tech said that baby's heart rate was 176 and strong. She said that was really good. We got a few printouts but this one is my fav...
I love how you can actually see the little arm and leg nubs! My sis-in-law called it a little gummy bear which was hilarious to me!
I am a terrible secret-keeper, so I totally spilled the beans and made it facebook official this afternoon. I just couldn't keep it in anymore. We were on cloud 9 after this appointment and I needed to share my excitement with the world! I am now 8wks and 2 days. My due date is April 29, 2012. Please let this day come soon!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Look at you already! I'm so glad you're doing the blog and posting pictures so I can see you all the time. I think you should do pictures every week. I love ya'll!

    CiCi

    ReplyDelete