Tuesday, September 16, 2014

One of Those Days

So, I seem to be having one of "those" days.
 I had to stop everything I was doing and get out all of my feelings before something happened to boot them right out. I'm having one of those days that normally would stress me out but is actually making me realize how blessed I am. I'm so thrilled that both of my boys are napping which allowed me time to get a shower! I'm loving the smell of my afternoon coffee brewing away to give me energy to finish my day strong. The milk cup from lunch that was buried under a couch pillow reminds me of that sweet little guy that followed me in the living room with his milk cup in order to steal some of my BBQ chips off of my plate, even though he still had a plate full of pb&j and orange slices. The bottle on the end table with a couple of ounces left in it (it seems like that end table is never without a bottle on it) reminds me of the little boy who still lets me hold him and feed him. He'll look up at me with those beautiful, warm, loving, blue eyes with a look that makes my heart explode. The toys thrown around on the floor make me think of just a couple hours ago, J sat down in the floor to play with his Brubby. I think of earlier today in the car line to pick J up from pre-school. Fisher needed a nap, but wasn't getting it, thanks to a line that was not moving! He screamed until I thought he would throw up or pass out. Don't call DHR, but he rode up front with me to the front of the car line. I've paused my movie that I'm loving having the time to watch to just listen to the silence. I don't like it. It's nice, don't get me wrong, but my days are full of noise and that's the way I like them. Giggles, cries, feet running across the floor, toys being dumped out of baskets, the same songs/tv shows/movies for the 100th time, then the sweet sound of that garage door opening that tells me my backup has arrived! How I love these sounds. Even when I hate them, I always love them. I hope to never forget days like these. Lord, please help me to always remember. Ahh, there's a sound now...Fisher is up from nap ;) 

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful, this brought tears to my eyes. You're an amazing mom. I wish I was the mom way back then that you are now. Thank you for taking such good care of my precious grandboys! Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete