Friday, February 21, 2014

38 weeks


I saw Dr. Benton yesterday for my 38 week checkup and things had progressed a little from last week, but not much. At 37 weeks, I was 1cm with a thick cervix. This week I was almost 2cm (she stretched it to 2cm, which was NO fun) and still pretty thick. She also said he hadn't really dropped yet. I confessed that I haven't been doing well with my walking like I said I would last week. I just didn't want anything happening too soon. Now that we are a few days past 38 weeks, I'm a lot more comfortable with helping the process along, so I've been doing some walking around our neighborhood. She's still saying he's a big boy, but a lot of people were told that and their babies weren't 10 pounders, so I'm trying not to focus too much on that. I'm feeling ok, but I have started to have contractions throughout the day. They are usually a sharp pain either in my lower abdomen or in my back and aren't regular yet. I just hope they are doing something, because they sure don't feel good! Jonah keeps me on my toes all day so I don't have a lot of time to focus on how I feel, until backup arrives and I get to lay down and rest and wallow in the fact that I feel ginormous. I did have a contraction a few minutes ago and said "owww"! He was sitting beside me, looked up at me with troubled eyes, and said "k, k, k?" He had to make sure his mommy was ok. He's just the sweetest thing. I know he is going to love Fisher Cole!

How far along? 38 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: 38

Sleep: Decent. Still getting up about every 2 hrs to potty.

Best moment this week: Getting past 38 weeks! I was hoping to go a little longer since we had issues after Baby J was born 2 weeks early.

Movement: Of course, and it's getting a little painful! He is head-down with his hiney up on my left side and feet on the lower right side. He seems like a pretty big boy!

Symptoms: I have started to have contractions quite a few times a day. I guess my body is just getting ready. I also had the linea negra show up in the past week or so. It's not as bad as when I was pregnant with J, but it's definitely there. I have realized things that I haven't had this time but I did with Jonah. I haven't had the leg cramps in the middle of then night. They were so bad with Jonah that I would leap out of bed, well roll out of bed, and have to stretch out my calf while screaming and waking Derek up. Horrible! Somehow I've missed out on that excitement this time. Also, I haven't had the swelling in my legs and feet. Maybe because I'm not working as much and stay off my feet more.

Food cravings: I had a vanilla milkshake last night from Chik fil a that was just heavenly! I've also been dying for a caffeine free Mt. Dew, but haven't tracked one down yet. Gotta save that caffeine allowance for my daily sweet tea ;)

Belly Button in or out? Out. Goes out even further when I laugh.

What I miss: Having clothes that fit. Even my big girl prego clothes are a no-go at this point.

What I am looking forward to: Getting this process started and holding my angel boy!

The nursery is ready and waiting for little squirt's arrival. I took some final pics before he gets here and it all gets destroyed!









No comments:

Post a Comment