Monday, August 3, 2015

Summer-time Fun Cont...

So, I started playing piano a few months back. It's going really well, and I'm enjoying it a lot. I sat down to practice one day and realized I was literally sitting in the middle of chaos. It kinda hit me that I'm taking the time to do something just for me even in the middle of the craziness of this season. I also realized that life would be pretty boring without the mess and noise and craziness. 


They make me smile :)

More cousin fun... 









J's first time using scissors. This kept him busy for like 30 minutes, which is huge!

July 4th
Back to Madison we go! 


#merica

This is what happens when you take his 4th slice of watermelon away...





My sweet Milo has recently moved out. He was just not happy at home. The boys were too rough and chased him. All he wanted to do was lay around and sleep. Not the best environment for that kind of laziness. We found him a great home with people who are loving and spoiling him. J has said a few times randomly that he misses his dog. We try to explain that he is happy and having a good time. He promises that he won't hit Milo anymore! I don't think he fully gets it, but we're doing ok.


Riding in the Bu...Brubby really does love it ;) He's just acting tough. He will go to the car door and beg to get in. Boys and their cars... 



McWane/Itty Bitty 




















We got a crazy idea to paint an accent wall in the living room. Just TOO MUCH BEIGE! Notice who is doing all the work ;)

It took some getting use to, but I love it!

Family outing cruising in the Malibu...with no air...on a hot day...

J took this one <3

Oh my stars, the story behind this pic...he said the engine ran away and he had to get his tools to fix it. He also demanded that Derek put his foot on it so it wouln't "fall on my head and crack my head open." He then fixed it mechanic-style. The cuteness! 

Call Yarbrough and Sons for all your lawn care needs...





Happy Birthday to Leelee! 

We took a very short cruise around the neighborhood one night. I realized that the last time I was in this car was almost 5 years ago, and I was in my wedding dress. We had our wedding song "I thought I loved you then" by Brad Paisley going. A lot has changed in the past 5 years. So glad to be going through this adventure with my best friend. 

I think they both like J's new cot

The bubbles!!! My bubbles...

Fisherman has had it so rough for the past couple of weeks. He was attacked by ants and got over 50 bites on his legs. Total mom fail. About a week later, he came down with a fever, very fussy, and drooling a lot. I looked in his mouth expecting to see a tooth, but instead I saw ulcers. Yep. hand foot and mouth :( It was rough. He couldn't sleep, eat, or drink because of the pain in his mouth. He had a rash on his bottom and down the back of his legs, bottom of his feet, and oddly enough on his ears. I don't even know about that one. As he was trying to get better from that,  his legs were getting worse. I texted Dr. Jamie some pictures and she said to start oral antibiotics. Impetigo. Awesome. He is now been on Benadryl at night to help with bad itching, antibiotics twice a day, and ointment 3 times a day. Bless his bones. I think he's improving, but it's been rough. Just today, I have noticed little blisters have come up on his hands. I thought we were done! 




In other, less nasty news...J got him a new Paw Patrol cup and thinks he's just the coolest cat ever. 

Sweet brothers!

J had his first big boy dentist appointment! He went back by himself and had an actual cleaning. He didn't want to go back at first, but was finally persuaded. I knew the girl taking care of him and she sent me these pics... 
She said he did so good and was just talking until she said let's take a picture for momma. He then made this face. Haha! He wanted me to think he was being tortured apparently ;)


Big boy with no cavities! So proud.

Being some good ole country boys one day feeding and riding horses. Again, my boys are fearless. The pretty much stuck their hand in the horses mouth at one point. Momma freaked. I thought they were gonna lose some fingers. They loved all of it, though. 

Feeding them carrots and apples


Brubby held on to one of the apples. He decided he needed it more than the horse ;)

Country boys!


Riding sweet Ben. Ben kept getting distracted by the apple in Brubby's hand, though.

Let's Play!
An awesome new place opened up called Let's Play. It is amazing! The boys had such a good time on a playdate with Rhett. We'll be going back soon. 



Brubby's favorite thing was the light up floor. They had music going and the lights kinda went with the music. He loved to just run around on it. Over and over and over again!

Orange shirt, top left...my big boy just ran around and had the best time. I thought he would end up getting stuck way up there, but like 2 minutes after this pic, he came running out of the bottom.  

Of course they all loved the big slide


Oh my sweetness! I asked him if he wanted to go to the ropes course like mommy and daddy did. He said "yeees" in his sweet way. He was adorable concentrating so hard!






Oh, that was a lot. I'm gonna have to start doing updates every other week to keep up. Derek and I are going on a trip to Savannah in 2 days...without the kids! It's our 5 year anniversary, and we are treating ourselves. Really nervous, but even more excited! Next will be Jonah's first day of K3 in a couple weeks. Having fun and making sweet sweet memories :)


1 comment:

  1. Love every bit of this! Love how much time you all spend together, the things you do and keeping the boys busy and experiencing new things. Such a great little family you have. Nonny loves you!

    ReplyDelete