Sunday, June 3, 2012

Jonah lately...


I can't believe my baby is 7wks old today! I was watching some videos we took at the hospital when he was born. It feels like it all just happened, but it's been almost 2 months ago. I never really knew what people meant when they said it flies by, but it sure does! This is the start of my last week home with JB. I am suppose to start back to work next week. I don't know how I'm gonna handle it. I'm already sad, and I've got a whole week left with him. He is my best little buddy, and I can't imagine what I will do with myself when I'm away from him all day. We'll just see how that goes. We have just been enjoying our little guy lately. Yesterday we spent the day across town doing a little shopping. In the afternoon, it felt so good outside that I decided to take him to Black Creek park and lay out on a blanket and just enjoy the day. He seems to REALLY like being outside. He's just so content and happy outside. I've got a real boy on my hands :) We had a lot of fun just playing. Oh, that reminds me...Jonah is actually starting to play! He usually just stares at his toys or doesn't even pay attention to them at all. But  yesterday, he was staring at his little giraffe toy hanging above him, and he was just reaching and punching the toys. He loved it! I was so proud. It doesn't take much. He is also beginning to take shorter naps during the day and sleeping longer at night, thank God! We have all been sleeping better at night. He usually will wake up just once during the night to eat. Problem is, when he wakes up, he's up for 2 hours. He can't seem to get back to sleep. On a good note, we seem to have fixed whatever was wrong with his tummy. He's been taking his Zantac twice a day, and we decided to switch him back to Sim Sensitive ready-made. He didn't seem to appreciate the powder formula. I don't blame him, though. It looked
and smelled kinda gross.
Switching gears now...we went to church this morning, and I really enjoyed what Pastor Kevin preached about today. This week starts VBS, so he wanted to talk about children and how they are to be looked at, thought of, and raised up. The verses he spoke from were Matthew 19:13-15. "Then children were brought to him that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people, but Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.' And he laid his hands on them and went away." Pastor Kevin reminded us to keep our children in church. Bring them up going to church, hearing the word of God, making friends in the church, and giving their life to him at a young age. This is one thing that I worry about the most. I know that I can do all these things, but that's the best I can do. I pray that Jonah will accept Jesus in his heart at a young age and love our church and the people in it as much as Derek and I do. Another thing that he said was that God loves our children so much more than we do. This really spoke to me, because I love this kid with every tiny bit of my heart and soul. I can't imagine loving anything more, but God does. I'm not even capable of that much love, but I sure do try :) Ok, off my soapbox now. Here are some precious pics of my angel boy lately...


First time in his bumbo...such a big boy!

First play time in his jumparoo!

We had to rig it a little, but he loved it!


Fun day at the park!

Muscle man :)



Love my sweet baby!!!

1 comment:

  1. well, I have to wipe the tears from my eyes before I can type this. Welcome to parenthood honey. All the things you are feeling and thinking, hoping and praying are all things I did with you. Now maybe you can understand why I always worried, was strict and protective. When you love someone so much you never want to see them hurt or make bad decisions that could cause themselves harm or take them down the wrong path. I'm so proud of the home and family you and Derek are making for your little family. That's yet another example of God answering prayers. I love you all so much, and I'm looking forward to MORE BABIES! : )

    ReplyDelete